Friday, November 27, 2009

T Day

This years' T-Day was one of the best ever if I were to be asked to choose. My sister and her hubby put on a fantastic feast, with each of us bringing our own signature dishes (mine being cranberry from a can)...it was exhausting to pick out just the right one that would maintain the perfect can shape on the serving plate. Anyway, dinner was fantastic, family was there, music was good. Then they gave us our Christmas gifts early. NICE! My favorite part? The family Christmas CD they wrote, recorded, edited, and tied with a pretty bow for us. What a cool gift! All of our own voices and instrumental music by us! On my way to work tonight I listened to the first few songs and didn't stop smiling once. I'm the crazy oblivious smiling lady driver.

In addition, this year marks my very first Black Friday shopping expedition. I didn't know if I'd like it or hate it, but either way, my mom and sister were with me so there was sure to be plenty of entertainment. No worries though, I had an absolute blast! Lianna and I got up and left the house by 2:45 (Old Navy was supposed to open at 3 a.m.) and picked up Mom and headed on out to the mall. It was so exciting! People were, for the most part, very considerate albeit in it for their own gain. I sang Christmas carols up and down the aisles at Target and I got my hands on every deal I wanted. Beautiful. The best part was hanging out with my momma and sis (we are peas in a pod)....with Panera afterwards.

Unforgettable holiday.

So, in light of the actual meaning of the holiday, I suppose I should recognize my thankfulness. Here goes (in no particular order). I'm thankful for:

God- who loves me no matter what
An awesome husband (even through our bickering, we are totally perfect for each other)
A fabulous fun loving family
Our home- (it's adorable with it's tree in the window :)
Rosie Posie Clark & Swimmy & Slimey
A stable job for both of us
Relatively good health :)
Lovely little girls who I adore with all of my being

There's more, but those are the basics. No big surprises there, except for maybe that I included Rose Pose this year. We have a very love/hate relationship, and currently, I love her. Stay tuned for changes.

Well folks, T Day also kicks off the worlds' official Christmas season!!!! I'm sssuper thankful for that. Heeeehawww! Yep, I said that....and mean it.

Happy T-Day everyone!

2 comments:

Lianna said...

I had so much fun with you! Thanks for coming and staying with us so that we could spend so much time together! I think we really rocked the Black Friday shopping. T'was perfect.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad we did this! It was great! lET'S DO IT AGAIN SOON!