Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bike it

Steve and I do not like spandex. 

That being said, we have miles upon miles of beautiful bike trails connecting every possible central Iowa town and area to one another. We love living in Polk City for that reason. There's lots of trails, lots of recreational areas to picnic and camp, all surrounding Saylorville Lake. We love it. 

I'll give you a free trip to Polk City if you listen to my timeshare talk.

Just kidding. There's no timeshare. Unless you want to rent out pTERRY, which might be quite fun! Think about it. 

I'll be calling you. 

Back to spandex. While I do not own spandex (you're welcome), I do love to bike. Trails, that is. It is a perfect activity for a family of a billion. Like us. When I say the "perfect activity", I mean it doesn't suck a lot. In fact, between the whining and multiple water breaks, I would say it was enjoyable! Over Memorial Day, we went to the High Trestle Trail Bridge, a new trail that connects several of our little towns surrounding Des Moines and giving us a spectacular view of the river. Here it is:

High Trestle Trail Bridge outlook


I was made to be a biker chick so I sported my bandana. Orrr..It was windy.


Eli was under that hat...sleeping.


Awake now! He loved the trail.

There's no picture of us on the ride back. I guess it was a smee easier to ride the 2.6 miles there with the 30 mph winds at our backs. It's amazing how much that helps. The way back was a little rough, but we made it. And it was a good day. We can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Lianna said...

I think a timeshare of the pTERRY sounds pretty good! Sign me up! Oh wait, does that mean we have to start paying for our stays? :)

Jan said...

Sounds fun! I got my bike off the rack in the garage. I have yet to fill the tires with air, but hey...babysteps, right? Who knows, someday I may ride that trail with you.