Sunday, May 24, 2015

The best gift ever

A.

So, a couple of things. First off, we attended an awesome birthday party for my nephew AJ yesterday. I worked overnight the night before so I left a note for Steve and the kids to wrap the present for him that I had left on the counter while I slept before the party. It was Thomas backpack filled with a lantern and some sweet activities to do while in a tent, because his dad had made him a tent for his birthday. Anyway, Eli told me he also wrapped a card for AJ too. Awesome. So we went to the party.

AJ opened his gifts and then I heard my brother say, "Why are there waffles in it?" And at first I ignored it, because why would that be something someone would be saying? I'm tired after all and I'm hearing things. But he kept saying it. And then it hit me. I just knew that my kid had put waffles in the backpack. I just knew.


B.

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend. We are honoring that of course. But this morning at the breakfast table, I said to the kids, "Today is National Clean Your Room Day". They all looked up to see if I was serious and I kept my face as straight as could be. Olivia nodded thoughtfully and said, "Memorial Day is tomorrow. Clean your room day is today. That makes sense." And they all went back to eating. And they TOTALLY bought it. And then they cleaned their rooms. Can anyone else even handle this?? #momwin

C.

The people at Eli's daycare know this to be normal, but this is how Eli is dressed today. Standard.





D.

Finally, these are fresh cut from my very own yard.



I love nature and I love this time of year. I'm thankful for the people who fight for our country and for those who paid the price for our freedom. Have a safe holiday everyone!

Oh, and if you have ever received an awesome gift like wrapped waffles, please share.

No comments: