Monday, August 10, 2009

Sum sum summer time

Summertime has kept us busy! We've loved every minute of it though! We've been boating, camping, swimming, tubing, fishing, picnicking, etc. almost every weekend. And as tired as we might be, we've had a blast. Thus the blogging hiatus. Plus, I've been working more on my book than anything. My job is still going fabulously. The girls are winding down summer at daycare and getting ready for fall (school starts in two weeks) WHAT?! Steve is busy at work since it's summer time. We've gotten together with each side of our families a few times. Dad and Carol are coming from Florida this weekend. And as fun as this summer has been, we're pumped for more. Two more weeks of awesome, then back to the schedule, reading assignments (for both Olivia and me), early bedtimes, and soccer. Sigh. But there's always something exciting about the new start. But until then, we are clinging to our last few weeks of beautiful sum sum summertime! Sweet summertime.


Angela's boat

Eily and girls

Sophie's first VBS was a hit!!! Olivia is hidden behind her.

VBS!

Camping trip to Rathbun with Powers/Cornally/Bailey's

Bam/Lianna/girls

Uncle Dan's boat on Rathbun

Cousins Sierra and Savannah

Aunt Jo and Mom

Saylorville

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for summer! School started yesterday for me, but I intend to keep up the summer stuff too - get together this weekend?

mommyofmonkeys said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys have had a fun filled summer : ) I will miss summer this year! Back to schedules!

Kendra Wheeler said...

Umm...I miss you! Mani and I are sitting here checking out the blogs and I just wanted to send you a quick note to say hi! Things look to be good for you and that beautiful family...and that makes me happy!

Tara said...

Okay, several things:

One: I LOVE that beachy photo of you (oh, alright, and Steve)! You are an h-o-t HOT mama.

Two: I sooooo jealous of you being out on a boat! I *love* being out on a boat! Water skiiing is one of my all time favorite, yet rarely ocurring, activities. Sigh.

Three: Um, I love you?

Alright, clearly I'm just rambling here, but indeed, I love you and love getting to see your face, even if only on the blogosphere.

Ginormous hugs,
Tara