Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sophia Grace









This is my baby, my second born, now the BIG 5 she'll tell you..."rollin with the big dogs".

She was THE easiest baby on the planet. She'd wimper a bit when she was tired, but other than that...all smiles, no complaints. From a lovable chunky baby with curly hair, to a now gone platinum and straight haired, tall and leaner big girl...always with big blue eyes and a big big smile.....

She's incredibly unique, the ultimate imaginator, artistic and sensitive. She is immensely articulate, stunning me with big words spoken with a little girl voice with a tiny little lisp....music to my ears.

She does her own thing. She can be found playing for HOURS by herself, setting up elaborate scenes with her puppies. They all have names and birthdays, personalities, likes & dislikes. She brings them to life with voices and stories. She ties ribbon around their necks and makes leashes for them. They all sleep next to her in bed at night.

She confuses me with her sensitivity as this is not a trait that Olivia and I possess. Although we are sensitive to others needs, we have relatively thick shells. Sophie, however, can crumble in an instant. A strong word, or a mean look and I can send her into hysterics. I'll never forget the first time I scolded her as a baby...as she reached for an open outlet with a toy....and I said sternly..."Sophie, NO!" And her hands began to shake a bit as she reeled back gasping for breath, terror in her eyes, and cried and cried.... because of me....big mean Mom. I felt so awful. I comforted her over and over again until she finally forgave me and it was all better. It was this day I learned THIS baby was not the same as the other.

She adores her big sis.

I love her spirit, her adventurous mind. She loves to dig in the mud, find worms, swing high, plant seeds and watch them grow, do "scientist" experiments, get the mail from the mailbox, and sneak into our bed at night. She adores all animals and wants to be a veterinarian someday.

Dr. Sophia Clark....our precious little turkey.

I love her endlessly.




4 comments:

Lianna said...

I love my middle niece!

Tara said...

And I love her mama's description...down to and especially, "precious little turkey".

Muah! mama,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Great description of my wonderful little Sophie! Oh how I miss her! Squeeze her for me!

Tanya said...

She's getting so big!