Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All fuzzy inside

Like I mentioned in my last post, we've been doing some middle of the week camping. We've had some good moments, like this one:

It was night time and we were all getting ready for bed. Olivia was laying up in the loft on the camper bed next to Eli. Eli was sucking on his paci, staring at her face as she sang him lullabies. He was starting to doze. I climbed up to the camper loft to lay down next to them. Olivia said,

"Mom? Isn't he the best baby in the world?!"

Me: "Yes," I said. "He is clearly the best."

Olivia: "I just feel so fuzzy inside. I feel like I could just explode!"

Me: "That's because you love him. It makes you feel happy doesn't it?"

Olivia: "I don't know why but I'm starting to cry!"

Me: Speechless.

I love my babies, and apparently, Olivia gets it too. :)

Isn't love grand?

4 comments:

Lianna said...

That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I just love how that girl experiences emotions that are far beyond her years and describes them so perfectly and innocently. <3

Just a Boring Mother said...

Olivia is so precious! I love these descriptions of her. She sounds like such a fun little girl.
Love your stories about your family!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless, too. You are my Olivia, Melanie Lynn. Yes, love IS grand...it is all that matters, really. I am so thankful for you and your family!

Kendra Wheeler said...

Umm..I LOVE this story. How adorable!!!