Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Vacation"...with a baby

We just got back from vacation in Florida. I have to say, we had an outstanding time.....during the day. What is it about vacation that apparently makes a nearly year old baby boy suddenly mimic a 4 month-old monster disaster in the middle of the night? I'm sorry...it wasn't actually the middle of the night. It was also the beginning and end as well. What could have brought this on? Was it the two front teeth poking through at the same time? The leg injury? The double ear infection? I don't get it. But Steve and I nearly died a slow death from no sleeping, or by killing each other because one person was sleeping and the other was not....or death from no sleeping. It was probably the no sleeping.

By the end of the week, Eli finally spent most of the last two nights sleeping, and I suddenly had my eyes opened to the beautiful world around me. So we did things like this: 








We had so much fun! Dad and Carol put on a fantastic reunion complete with the giant bouncy water slide (yes, I totally went down it a billion times and screamed like a little girl, holding hands on the way down with my sister who is also in her late twenties), the carnival with a dunk tank, games, prizes, and food: sno-cones, funnel cakes, and corn dogs. And GOATS! To pet, not to eat. I dare you to name a funnier animal. Then 45 minutes of fireworks on the 4th, good food, great family time. Lots of swimming and lots of boating. We are so thankful to them for such an awesome week! 

With all that excitement in Florida, there was only one thing left to do when we got back home..........




Ahhh...vacation.

3 comments:

amy powers said...

Loved this! Great pics! I especially loved the "death from no sleeping" part!!

Jan said...

Great post and pics! I am glad you had a great time!

Lianna said...

Love the pic of our beach babies! I'd like to say that I've caught up on sleep since being back home from vacation, but...