Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don't generalize that $#&@!

So I was doing my assigned reading for my Ethics class. Snooze..... 

Naw....Here's what this guy says about people who want to take a quick view and generalize the whole human race to get it over with:

"Why, then, should anyone ever have thought it a true view? (He's talking about psychological egoism here....that we all do things motivated by self-interest)...Perhaps because of a desire for theoretical simplicity: in thinking about human conduct, it would be nice if there were some simple formula that would unite the diverse phenomena of human behavior under a single explanatory principle, just as simple formulae in physics bring together a great many apparently different phenomena."

BOOM. He slammed those lazies didn't he? It would be NICE wouldn't it? To unite us under a single explanatory principle like he says we try to do so often. Yeah, buddy James Rachels. I smiled at my reading like a big nerd. So then I wrote it here because I didn't want to forget it.

Sometimes girls, skewl is kewl. Don't forget it.



1 comment:

K said...

I just love learning. Always have. Always will. xoxo, sweet Mel.