Saturday, July 6, 2013

The weight is over

The weight is over....Get it? Weight? Who doesn't love a good play on words? Mwahahaha?

People who aren't nerds?

Right.

Well, I made it. I lost *32* lbs in my 30th year and my big goal was 30 lbs in my 30th year so WAM BA DA BAM DA BAM!!! We did it! Now it's time for new goal.....I don't know what. 10? I think I'll do that because I feel tired right now and slightly unmotivated as I drink this vanilla latte....

Many people just now are noticing that I lost weight. I think it's mostly because I lost it really slowly errrr maybe because I was super fat to begin with. I dunno. Probably. But, they ask me HOW I did it. So, here is the lowdown:

I asked my cousin Brandy in AZ how she did it and she said:

1. Track your food intake on livestrong.com

So I did. There. That was it.

Once I did that, it was clear that I was eating too much even though I always thought I was eating appropriately.

NOT so.

So, once I got that mastered, I could enter in my activity and track my weight loss and many other cool features and it was all FREE. (My favorite word).

I only used it for the first few months and now I just know how much to eat. But it was a great boost into healthy land.

In the last 8 weeks or so, I began on the wonderful journey of 5K training. There may or may not have been some sarcasm attached to that statement. My friend Jess asked me to train with her because I had just run the Grand Blue Mile (not well) and she thought we could do the PC 5K coming up in July. Sure, why not? So here we are! And I think both of us have surprised ourselves. We are better than we knew we could be. And we have had a lot of fun training. We run and talk and chat about everything under the sun and most of the time the sun is going down or down already as this is the only time we can escape to run soo.....anyway......So, with that coming up in July here along with some big birthdays too (Eli turns 3 and Mel turns 31 and my parents and 49 other people I know have birthdays in July too), we're pretty pumped for the month.

What about you? What's on your sched for July?




No comments: