Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The things I would never trade

There are some things I would never trade.

Watching my kids jump on the trampoline (no broken arms yet).

My son's giggle as he swings on the swing set. "Stay back there!" I say as he swings back towards me. "I can't, Mom!!!"

His laugh I'd like to capture in a jar.

A hand-picked bouquet of dandilions and violets.

Their laughter as they race through the sprinkler.

The excitement in their voices as we pick our first radish from the garden they helped plant. It is bigger than we had dreamed.



When she asks me, "What should I do, Mom?"

And, "Does this look ok?"

The way they run outside as fast as they can after scarfing down their dinner and I call them back to clear their plates first. Furiously finishing to get just a few more minutes of daylight. To squeeze every last drop.

The smell of sunscreened baby skin, toddler skin, after a long hot day.

The neon blonde mess of their hair.

The long brunette beauty in glasses.

"I'll race you!"

The clean boy, wrapped up in a towel, straight from the tub full of bubbles.

Can I run a 5K with you, Mom?

"I built you a house!" he beams. The Lincoln Log house is fantastic.

"Will you tuck me in?"

"Can you pick out my clothes?"

"Will you make me a lunch?"

"You cleaned my room, Mom! Thank you!"

"Can you fix my hair?"

"I will love you forever. Do you know that?"

This world.

GOD.....has been so. good. to. me.



"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." Psalm 16:11





No comments: