Monday, September 8, 2008

Tomorrow

Two things could happen tomorrow. One would make me ecstatic, one would make me crumble. I feel as good as I can right now knowing that I prepared the best I could for this day. No matter the outcome, I know that I worked hard and can be proud of the preparations I made. No matter the outcome, I'm unsure about where God stands in all of this. I wish I could just ask for him to help me pass, and I guess I could ask right? But I flashback to the junior high basketball tournament where I stood at the free throw line with 3 seconds left on the clock and us down by one point. I prayed sooooo hard that if God could just let me sink that shot, just this once....I'd be grateful forever and ever. Did I make it? No? Did I blame God? No. I just realized that God doesn't care much about basketball games, especially junior high ones. I also realized I should switch sports. So here I stand today, worrying about tomorrow, wishing so badly that I could just ask for the favor and be grateful forever and ever when its granted. Will this be different? Is it different because this situation matters more in the big scheme of things? Will it be different because I know that what I am doing is blessed by God? I don't know. I sure hope so. I really really really hope so.

1 comment:

Lianna said...

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Hebrews 4:16
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

1 John 5:14-15
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him."

Love you sister!