Monday, February 16, 2009

California visits Iowa

I'm doing LA weight loss. It's nothing hokey pokey. It' s just healthy eating in the right portions. I decided to join after seeing Darrell lose an extraordinary amount of weight. Then, my mom decided to join so she could be on the same page as Darrell. She lost weight too (although not needed). This got me thinking.....I've got a pretty big support group. I'm seeing results in others. I've only shed 30 lbs. in two years by myself. Sigh. I need help. So, I received.

Today when I checked into the office to get more bars (awesome chocolate bars I get two of per day), I weighed in .4 lbs heavier than last week, although I lost six pounds last week. I'm not defeated or sad. I FEEL GREAT!!! I have never had more energy. I'm excited about each day. I love this. So, thank you Darrell and Mom, for lighting the path I'm now on. This is going to be great. By the way, if all goes as planned, I'll reach my goal weight by August 19th (a full month before my sister and I run a race together). That sounds so soon! I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities! If I seem off track, remind me of this goal. Remind me of the date. Remind me of the purpose of this whole thing. Wait, I didn't tell you the purposessss.

1. I want a healthy body. No diabetes, heart disease, or clogged arteries.

2. I want to be free. I don't want to be addicted to anything. This includes cheesecake. I think.

3. I want to set an example for my girls. I do not want to see them fight with their weight their entire lives, so why not get it right now?

4. I want to be able to run. (Without an inhaler).

5. I want to be comfortable in a swimming suit. Not hot, just comfortable.

6. I want my outside appearance to match my inside self.

There are just a few of the reasons I'm dedicated to this. So, as an outreaching support group (that's what I consider you), remind me if I forget. I'll take my annoying optimistic self downstairs now to do laundry. Toodleloo!

Melanie (six pounds lighter and counting).

3 comments:

Lianna said...

YOU ROCK!!!! If you keep telling me all your tips and inspiring me to not be a food addict, I will remind you to stay on track for your goal. Deal? I'M SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU ALREADY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so proud of you! You deserve to feel GREAT!!! and I hope you never settle for less. you are an inspiration to me, you know.

Tara said...

Yeah! Wooooo! Love it!

Rock 'em,
Tara