Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hooorible

I guess sometimes...I just have nothing to say. Surprised? Me too. I can't believe I'm writing a "I can't believe how long it's been" post, but here we are. And I can't believe how long it's been!

I miss blogging. I really do. But I just don't have a whole lot to say these days. Or not a whole lot of time to say it in. Or both. But here we are, and it's 3:55 a.m. and nobody is up but me! I find myself with ample time now. However, the timing is a bit off.

What have we been up to? Girl Scouts x 2, gymnastics, baby, rice cereal, pears, Christmas celebrating (we like the build-up to the big day), work, laundry, bills. You know.

Oh, and I'm dying a slow painful death from working nights. Whatever. There is change on the horizon. If not, I'll be running naked with crazy eyes back and forth across the Iowa cornfields until the first snow fall. I'll probably find shelter with the deer after that. I don't know. It's the first idea that came to my mind.

Anyway....we're excited for all the upcoming Christmas events this year, starting with the annual Christmas Movie Marathon at the Powers home! I've got a whole family full of ugly sweaters this year. Pretty pumped about that. I tried on a bright red button down (all the way down) dress with shoulder pads at Goodwill. Sophie was in the dressing room with me and you should've seen her face. The poor girl tried to be nice. I didn't tell her it was for fun, I just asked how it looked. She said quietly and as kindly as possible, "Hooooooorible. Mom, it's hooooorible." Perfect. That's the idea. But, in the end, it was TOO horrible. I couldn't stop staring at the awfulness. Too much? I wondered. I decided yes, it was. It accentuated my recently post-baby bod just a smee too much for others to be able to enjoy their holiday. So I settled on a red vest that I'll pair with some awesome turtleneck..stay tuned.

In other news, Eli is almost 5 months old! What? Time flies. It really does.

Hope all is well with everyone out there!

Poll: What's your favorite family Christmas tradition?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Favorite Christmas tradition: Whobilation! I love it that we do EVERYTHING with a lot of food and music and movies and church and decorations. But I know you are looking for specifics so I will pick one: Candlelight service. No, Family Christmas Album. No, Grandkids singing carols. OK, sorry....I can't pick. I am back to Whobilation!

Just a Boring Mother said...

Shopping for our Christmas tree at Strautman Tree farm. I've done it since I was little and have carried on the tradition with Dustin and Ezra. It was fun shopping for our Christmas tree this year, as it was Ezra's first experience. And he's a little afraid to touch the tree.