Monday, March 28, 2011

Carrier monkey

Poor Eli. Sick as a dawwg.

For a month. The entire month of March.

Today, after our fifth trip to the pediatric clinic this month, I was sternly told by our pediatrician that kids get sick.

Me (whining): Yeah, but, but...but what am I supposed to DO? He cries all the time and he's just so sad. And it's been a MONTH! What do parents do? What am I supposed to do? How do people keep their jobs?

Dr: Well, your options are these: Quit your job. Pull him out of daycare. Become a stay at home mom. Aaand..he'll still get sick. This means you'll have to deal with the fact that he is going to get sick.

Me (trying half-heartedly to save face): Well...I know that. Of course he'll get sick. Yes, that's true.

Silence.

Crickets.

Me (I've never been one for silence): But look at him! He's limp and sad. And he isn't normally like this! He cried for 3.5 hours this morning. In a ROW. TODAY! Nothing I do makes it better! And he's normally such a happy boy. I could just cry!

Dr: waiting for me to finish...with that look in her eye. Ear infections hurt. I'd cry too.

So then I started crying. 

Sigh.....poor baby.

Poor mama.

I just wish he'd get better.

PS. The antibiotic eye drops went over well tonight.

NOTTTTTTTT.

Here's hoping for a better (healthier) tomorrow.

2 comments:

ljk said...

here's hoping that Eli gets better SOON and that his mama doesn't lose her sanity ;)

Lianna said...

Thanks for keeping "NOT" around. Makes me feel legitimate.