Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oops I went to bed at 8

Oops I did it again....I played with your heart....got lost in the game...Ooh baby baby.

BRITNEY!!!!!!

You're welcome.

I went to bed a smee earlier than I should have. Because I'm now "up" for the day. Or snuggled into the couch with a random assortment of too short throw blankets. Bet you didn't know there were blankets too short for me. (Baby blankets mainly). Ahem.

Anyway, I'm sitting here wondering what to do when facebook is over, which it TOTALLY is by the way, in more ways than one....and my blog reading is over, which it is....as I don't read anyone who I don't personally know anymore and I've read all those for now.

Prayer. Hmmmm....the sermon this week was about prayer. I'm not good at it. I pray throughout the day though. "Please help me not to strangle my co-worker...etc." For example. "Please let me get out of here and get a Mt. Dew."

But, I'm not a taketimeoutofyourday kind of girl. However, in light of being open to new things and wanting a better relationship with God, I'm going to give it a shot. In fact, I already have. After a successful early morning shower attempt yesterday, the baby was STILL sleeping at 0545....whhhhhaaaaaat? You might be wondering whhhhhaaaaat? And I would tell you it was true. So I sat down in the recliner in the dark and I decided to pray. It felt weird at first. I didn't say anything outloud or anything. I'm definitely not a very good outloud pray-er. Except at bedtime with the girls. I find it very easy to pray for safe, happy, healthy children and for good days and happy dreams.

Anyway, I started with a hello. Then I told God what I was worried about. This then turned into the things I'm really hoping for, like winning the lottery. That's true. Do you think I'll need to buy a ticket first? Seriously though, I struggle with telling God what I want....lllllike he doesn't already know. But I feel guilty about it. Don't we have enough already? Should I even ask for more? My kids are happy, safe, and healthy. I have a lovely husband. Lovely? Anyway. We have been blessed. What the heck. I'll tell him anyway, I decided.

Then I prayed for people in my life. People that are struggling. People I miss. People I wish I could see. Then I prayed that I could be better at stuff. And maybe God could help me with that.

Anyway, when it was over, I felt good about it. I'm curious to see why God tells us to be in constant prayer with him. To pray without ceasing. It might be nice to get beyond myself a bit...to attempt to pray for more than for just what I want and need and when I struggle. I think God tells us things for a reason, to benefit us and to make our lives more complete. So, we'll give it a shot, eh?

PS. It's 2 a.m. and Steve just yelled TUTU!!!!!!! in his sleep. Do you think he'll be mad when he finds out I posted it here?

I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Jan said...

HAHAHA! Steve is the funniest guy I know, thanks to you, his lovely wife! Where would he be without you? And where would we be without God? (silly question, but important to answer). I am so glad to hear your honest reflections about prayer. I bet every honest Christian will completely relate to this post. Thanks for being you and for being open about your walk with God.

Tara said...

I love you, woman. I miss you so, SO much. Like it hurts. Which makes me think of "Love hurts..." which is the only lyric of that song I think I know. I need to call you. And chat. SOON.

amy powers said...

Love this post! I love how I can hear your voice in what you write. I lol all the time :)