Sunday, September 30, 2012

Captchas- where you can go.

Can we talk about the captcha? Or whatever the &%$+ they are?

You know, the the characters a site makes you type in so that you can make a comment on a blog? It says something cute by it to try and make it less obnoxious like, "to help prove you are not a robot?" Something like that. Well, I am not a robot, I'm pretty sure, and it took me 5 tries to complete a correct captcha this morning on one blog. FIVE.

The first three tries I was trying to type in the digits there and then realized they've added a graphic next to it now....a picture of a set of numbers too. Ooooohhhh......how artsy. I can't read them either!

I'd be better off as a robot.

And I hate the made up word captcha and it reminds me of GOTCHA!

I'm putting it on my words to never use list along with STAYCATION and WEBINAR.

That's where you are going.

That being said, I probably have captchas or whatever on  my blog too, because one time, I had creepy anonymous comments on my blog so I installed that.

This fact does not lessen my hate, it increases it. So there.

We should be scanning retinas. Yes. This is the modern world! Yes?




3 comments:

K said...

I got rid of it on my blog because I hated them so much. Most of my dumb anonymous comments go into my spam. If they get published, I just delete them. Because I can. :) Another word I hate: weblog. A creepy anonymous user offered to write for me on my weblog. Gross.

Love you, Mel.

Clarissa said...

The "captcha" below is completely impossible to read. Ugh. I also hate these stupid things, too.

Rev. Dave said...

I also hate them. Like Kim, I don't have enough traffic to worry--I can easily delete any dumb comments (or do I have them on my blog? I guess I'm not sure).

One other word to add to the list of unspeakables: snowmageddon. Seriously. Hate it.