Monday, October 1, 2012

8

It's funny.....the only key broken on my keyboard is 8. That probably doesn't count as reason for a new laptop does it? No. It doesn't, Mel. It doesn't.

8 is the number of pounds I've lost this month! Wahooooooo!!! This leaves 22 lbs. left of my goal to lose 30 lbs. in my 30th year.

I chose a pound a week as my goal and have surpassed that so far. That being said, I've worked hard to lose weight many many times in my life. What makes this time any different? What DOES make this time any different? I ask myself this every day.

I'm still formulating the answer actually. I don't really know. But I think it has something to do with setting attainable goals. Like not choosing 80 lbs. in two months as my goal, as I may have set in previous years prior to a wedding or something. There's that pesky 8 again.

Yes, so far:

1. Attainable goals. 

Failure does not happen overnight. The sun rises on a new day. So, if I ate pizza last night, this does not mean my whole life is over the next day and my whole plan goes out the window and all my weight is back. Nope. It doesn't. I'm paying attention to my mind and my body this time.

2. Livestrong.com. 

I'm tracking my calories and fitness throughout each day. It tells me exactly where I'm at for the day and what else I can have for the remainder of the day. And I get more if I work out more. Deal! Plus, as I've mentioned before, that site is F-R-E-E.

3. Stop drinking 500 calorie coffee drinks at Panera. 

Booohooohoooohooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Tears flow like wine on this one.

This one hurts. But I have been making some sweet concoctions at home with a little almond milk and a dash of creamer and a bit of rediwhip. WAMBAM! 1/4 of the calories and only a little sorrow of what was lost. 

 Ok, I'm not listing these things up here because I'm now a weight loss guru er something. Oh my, no waaaay. I'm listing them to remind myself come this Thanksgiving what my plan was and how to get back on track. Attainable goals, Mel. Attainable goals.

Anyway, 8 lbs. I'm excited. That's a lot of hamburger. (That's the only thing I regularly buy in pounds).

Go September!!!!

No comments: