Sunday, October 26, 2008

Very blowy

In light of my recent state of mind and in regards to my current feelings about nursing, I've been humbly, lovingly reminded that I've forgotten to consider the most important factor in all of this. God. God is bigger than my feelings and is bigger than these people. I know I'm supposed to be here and, thank you Tara, he'll see me through. He has before, he will again. It is a frightening place without that knowledge, something temporarily forgotten in myself yesterday. Temporary and passing.

Today is extremely windy! My friend Tanya used to always say that Iowa is the windiest state in the U.S. and I think I might actually believe her without visiting every state in the U.S. to test this theory. I believe. We have 65 mile per hour gusts here today with blue skies and branches and corn stalks blowing through the air. It looks like a tornado in the sun. Big branches have fallen in our back yard and the wind is howling outside our windows. Someone's closet door is lying in our driveway. Hmmmm....It reminds me how glad I am to have this house to live in. What if I had to be outside today? And it's colddddd......Olivia said to me, "I just was not expecting this wind today!" As if she'd already considered what type of weather we'd have today and reality had dashed her hopes. I laughed and agreed. I hadn't expected it either.

Last night, Sophie and Olivia spent the night at Bam and Darrell's house. They did lots of fun things like painting, walking, playgrounding, playing blocks, making apple crisp, etc. I'm sorry I missed out, really, but Steve and I got some quality time at Menards. This is our fun thing to do. Visit Menards. We did it up right too. Four hours total, planning and trying to implement our plans for our bathroom with what we had tossed in our cart. I think we had too many thoughts and too few actual plans, but we did leave with enough materials (we think) for Steve to redo our bathroom floor this week. He had vacation time that expires with the new year and what better thing to do than to upgrade a bathroom? We did have fun though, but were exhausted when we finally got home. I was anyway. Steve was still rip roaring ready to go fill the truck up with mulch for the backyard. I already was in sweatpants on the couch with my wine cooler and some snacks. No peeling me away from that. He sadly went alone to pick up the mulch, but when he got home, we went to a movie. Eagle Eye. It was pretty fun to watch!

We picked up the kids this morning and went to church and out to eat with Mom and Darrell, Dan, Amy, Hannah, Lianna, Shawn, and the Clark family. It was a great day for indoor activity, complete with a long nap in Sophie's bed, laundry, and later...UNO...our favorite game. Next, I'll be working on granting Sophie's wish for being a scary tree for Halloween. I'm at a loss since I don't know how to sew, but determined not to let her down. So here we go.....

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having the girls over! And you did a FABULOUS job on the scary tree. I love being with the Clark family for Halloween in your perfect little neighborhood. Thanks for inviting me!

Tanya said...

Definitely the windiest place in the U.S., I will not go back on my word.
You guys are updating your bathroom? How fun! Post some pics when you're done.