Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fisherladies

In exchange for an awesome day of listening to mommy...the girls were promised a night of fishing with Daddy. Olivia took learning how to fish quite seriously...just like a first child would. We read a book on how to catch bluegills (there IS a technique apparently) on our way to the lake. Olivia sat with Dad and asked questions about each part of the process, learned how to cast perfectly, and waited patiently. She insisted on silence and "keeping a low profile" as the book we read about fishing suggested we do. Too bad we were all dressed in the brightest outfits ever. 

Sophie was, as expected, more interested in the bait. She is my little tomboy. Her sister comes up the stairs with a coordinated, stylish outfit complete with hair brushed and a matching headband. Soph comes up complaining that she doesn't own anything that looks "fierce" enough...nothing that looks like a dog. She then will put on her soccer uniform and call it good. Never thought I'd see such a difference in these girls but it is there, I love both sides of the spectrum. 
Here are the pics from our fishing expedition. And no, we didn't catch a thing. :)



Sophie participated for about 5 seconds. I caught it on camera. 


Fixing poles, baiting hooks


Pet worm


Daddy and one of his girls



A "rock fortress" to keep wormy safe from birds


Nothing shall get through it. There are even breathing holes. The architecture is outstanding.


No fish to speak of, but a worm fortress to behold. 

Happy Fishergirls and guy. We love our Daddy.

3 comments:

erica sloan said...

I agree--the architecture of the worm fortress is impressive. :)

Tara said...

It's things like the play-by-play of the worm fortress that make me pine for regular time with Mel. Pretty sure I'd take any description of anything you observe, ever.

I miss you, woman.

Love love love,
Tara

amy powers said...

Love this! It reminds me of going fishing with my daddy when I was little!