Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's that?

Sophie and I were sitting on the floor today. She was playing with her bucket of animals. I was folding laundry listening to the stories she was making up and the animal to animal dialogue that was taking place. It was a very racy animal story. Marriages, death, magic powers, and fighting. The drama!

She was pulling out the animals one by one, naming what they were, making their noises and then they'd talk to each other and join in on the story. 

This was the next one out of the bucket...


I said, "Sophie. What's this one?" 

To which she replied, "A cantaloupe".

I laughed and laughed. I said, "Do you mean an AN-telope?" 

She shook her head and in my same know-it-all voice said back to me, "Nope. I mean a C-AN-taloupe!!!" 

Sophie always sticks to her guns. Gotta give her credit for that.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Way to go, Soph! I'd have guessed honeydew myself...

amy powers said...

I have to admit I didn't know wth that thing was!