Monday, July 5, 2010

Patch

Sophie loves dogs. This is no secret. At all. She loves dogs so much that she believes she is one. She has about 8 million stuffed animals dogs of various sizes and breeds. One of them was snagged by Rosie Posie Clark and subsequently lost an eye. Unfortunate. Sophie asked me to replace the eye. My sewing skillz are not that advanced so I offered up a patch job instead. You know, like a pirate doggie?

And here he is. 

Patch is rockin it now. He hasn't been out of Sophie's sight since. 

It's nice to be able to make my kids happy sometimes. 

In other related news, I've picked up quilting. Why? To fill the void in my life that used to be activity. My native voyage is going well so far. I've got all the squares cut and ready. I was graciously taught this skill by my sister in law, Amy. She's talented in many ways. Now all I need is the sewing tutorial to go with it. I'd share pics, but it's a secret quilt for the new baby Cornally coming this November. We can't give away the secret quilt pattern yet, right?

Well, it's rainy day #2 (including the 4th), and I'm about to go mad....or perhaps I'm already there. It's questionable these days. 

Happy 4th everyone! I was hoping my body would win it's independence back from this baby, but I'm still with child and dreaming of sleepless nights and lots of crying. Wait, I have that right now....well, I suppose I dream of an adorable reason for the sleepless nights and lots of crying...something other than peeing and contractions...perhaps for a perfect little pumpkin baby?

1 comment:

amy powers said...

Patch looks awesome! I can't wait to have many quilting adventures with you! :) Next week maybe???