Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Give me the gold


Olivia's homemade rock puzzle


New pup from Papa Keith and Grandma Carol



Part I: Spring Break

We are really enjoying our superior spring break this year! We have had fantastic spring weather, and we are loving the opportunity to venture back into nature here. We've been on trails and are riding bikes and walking to the park. We are digging in the dirt and writing with chalk, and planting grass seed (prematurely, I'm sure, but who cares?). Tomorrow I go back to work, but for today.....

We got the honor of hanging out with our cousin Hannah! The girls LOVED to help take care of her. They even threw away dirty diapers! True devotion. I was amazed at what a happy little munchkin Hannahbaby is. She barely fussed at all, and happily played and watched the big girls play too. On our walk to the park, Hannah fell asleep but woke up a while later at the park to snuggle. I held her for a minute and she was back in dreaming heaven. When she was throwing DVD's off the shelf as fast as she could, she kept glancing back at me, grinning, as if saying, "Are you going to do anything about this?" :) We just had a blast! And I got my baby fix. Thanks for sharing D & A!

Part II: Give me the GOLD!

The girls kept asking where I thought the leprechaun hid the pot of gold today. After relentless questioning, I decided I had to produce some gold. So we scampered off to Target and I picked up some gold/silver shining chocolate eggs and a swimsuit (unrelated but fun), and we were off. Olivia raced inside when we got home, and searched in all the logical places: her music box, under her pillow, under the couch cushions....all to no avail. I had the girls take a bath and get their jammies on, and after....to our complete surprise, we found the tray of gold. The girls could not be more pumped about this. Sophie told us how she knew that the leprechaun was here because she saw the Target bag move unexpectedly, and saw the leprechaun's hand!!! Lucky. The leprechaun left behind a message saying, "You found my pot of GOLD!!! Four leaf clover: Leprechaun."



In honor of this St. Patty's day, here is our favorite unbelieveable clip from youtube. Enjoy! Give me the gold! I want the gold!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

PS. Sophie's prayer today in the car: "Dear God, am I right? I AM right! I knew it!!!!"

1 comment:

Tanya said...

The girls are looking so old! All grown up practically. Cute St. Patty's Day idea!