Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flower girls


These are pics from Olivia's weekend wedding extravaganza. My friend Charity, from nursing school, honored us with the request for Olivia to be the flower girl in her wedding. Olivia was thrilled at the prospect, of course, as she is...a princess by nature.

She did a fantastic job. She even stood up with the bridesmaids the entire service. She didn't need me much at all...except for the occasional talk to remind her that this day was NOT about her so much as about Charity and her new husband. :) She seemed to get that.

To save a little cash, I also did Liv's hair. It looked just like the bride's, just the way Olivia wanted to look. Olivia told everyone that her mom did her hair, and I loved that...because we mother's of growing up too fast little girls know...you must hold on to the little things you do right. It only happens once in a while! :)

I had a wonderful time being her "date" (Steve and Soph are up in Sioux City this weekend). We had a fantastic time together and where can a girl get a better looking date than this kid? :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

That's some nice work, mama!

And woman! You are looking H-O-T hot! Seriously! If I didn't know your current "condition", I'd say you'd just stepped out of a spa, where you'd been daily for the past months working on your fitness. I miss you, you look amazing.

Love,
Tara

Debbie said...

Adorable! Great job on her hair!