Tuesday, April 13, 2010

If I really said it...

These are my soccer babes. Sophie is just tickled that her number is #5 which correlates perfectly with her age. And believe it or not, (it's a soccer miracle), Olivia is #7, which you might have guessed already....is her current age as well. Believe it. 

There isn't much that can make me more frantic than "watching" my kid play in a soccer game. I have to use extreme restrain not to scream "BITE HER HEAD! KNOCK HER OUT! KICK HER SHIN! GET THAT 9 YEAR OLD CHEATER OUT OF HERE! THIS IS A 8 & UNDER LEAGUE! HEY REF...DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE THE WHISTLE?" etc...etc....

There's just something about watching them compete that makes me very competitive....internally. So, as we hope an adult would, I keep it all in, and I talk to them about being good sports to the other team (those losers), and I praise them for their sportsmanlike behavior (even though the other team were jerks), and for having integrity (because the other team is obviously cheating), and most importantly, for trying so hard....and that's all that Mommy ever wants & expects...win or lose. Winning or losing certainly doesn't matter in the end......

(But KILLLLLLL THEMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! I know just how you feel! I love the pictures, too, of course. Most beautiful soccer players in the world.

Tara said...

Yessssssssss. Love it, mama.

Debbie said...

I love the photo of Sophie from the back so you can see her #5. Awesome!

Lianna said...

EMMAKAY!!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of your soccer-momming experience.