Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HIPPIES!!!

I just gave in to the cloth diapering world. 

AND

I breastfeed. 

HIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I am. A boom ba da bam da bam. 

Why?

I feel a little bad each time I throw away a disposable dipe that will never actually be disposed of. Plus, Eli (TMI alert), has easy poop to dispose of. I used to have nightmares of scraping poop before laundry, but that's just not the case. And, for anyone that knows me or reads my blog ever, knows that I love laundry. I love clotheslines. These are my favorite things. 

The biggest hurdle to becoming a true hippy was the cost. I know, I know, I know...I could do the prefolds for cheap. Do I want to? Not really. Why? I love rhetorical questions.....because it's complicated (to me) and to my husband, I'm sure. So, knowing that the all in one dipes or the shell with the inserts were expensive...I had written them off. Until being introduced to these:

Aren't they cute?!
These are Kawaiis, the cheaper knock-off foreign step-child of the American-made glory diapers, but perfectly fine for me, and my lame budget. My sister has been the gatekeeper between me and the cloth dipe world and I owe everything to her, and my mama who did this for me ages ago. My sister has written a much more informative, much classier post here. Please check it out. It is osem.

While daycare won't cooperate with my hippy ways, I find that I'll be able to do this one at home, quick and easy and guilt free, while maintaining and contributing to my love of laundry (can you imagine SUMMER?) I'm dreaming of clotheslines with tiny dipes hanging adorably in a row riiiight noooowww. 

Ahhhhh. 

Who needs you technology? Except for my washer. I like that part. And the dishwasher. And shower. And TV. And Wii. And cell phones. 

Wait. 


Happy Hippy, signing out.

2 comments:

Lianna said...

Yay happy hippies! Yay fluffy baby butts! Yay clotheslines!

Lianna said...

I'm still waiting for your next post, where you'll be teaching us about organic food and avoiding deodorant.
:)