Monday, February 7, 2011

I was alone


Ha ha ha! Entertainment abounds this fine chilly morning. Just call this my current anthem. And yes, I have just cut my hair like this and I have mastered all her sad and broken facial impressions. I'll be posting my own (better) version soon. 

Will she really?

Anyway, Steve has been gone a few days (= eternity) now, on a snowmobiling trip to Wyoming. Am I jealous of a vacation? Yes. Jealous of the location of the trip? NOPE. Whyyyy would someone choose a snowier place than here? For vacation? Honestly.

My sister in law has an awesome shirt with a sad face in the middle of the state of Wyoming, with the caption: "Wyoming. Who cares?"

I was going to make a point..

Oh yes...I miss my other half, which is, what he is, turns out. Half of me is missing when he is gone. Especially the carry the heavy stuff half. And the stay up late with the baby if he is up half. And the make me laugh when I'm being mad for no reason half. And my eat the food I make and like it half. Right now, all I have at the table is a bunch of complainers. I like to give them the kids who have no food spiel. Then I send them downstairs and tell them they don't have to eat if they don't like it....they always come back beggin for more. 

I've gotten off track.

Anyway, Steve is gone for now, and it makes me sad, but happy too, because I'm reminded how much I really like the guy. He races me in MarioKart Wii at night after the kids go to bed, and we laugh at our crazy kids together and he takes care of our dumb doggie. But mainly he's just next to me, someone who lives the day with me, alongside me. I'm grateful for him. And a bit grateful that this trip is a'comin to an end. 


can't


wait. 

I kind of like us.

5 comments:

Lianna said...

You two are ADORABLE! I love your love. It's so obvious to everyone else, even if you forget sometimes. :)

amy powers said...

I hate having Dan gone too but it is always a good reminder that life is so much better together!

Ps. Your video reminded me of the scene in" Bridget Jones Diary" ...love it!

Tara said...

Woman, you should like "us". You guys are awesome together. Plus have I ever told you I like how you write? You should keep writing. Anything. Thanks for putting your words out there so that I get to feel like we're chilling together and I get to laugh. Love you, baby.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tara and Lianna! Amy, I was totally thinking Bridget Jones as well..when she kicks the air for effect...:)

Tanya said...

May I just say that reading your blog is so refreshing? So many of my other friends' blogs are "I did this with my kids and I'm the greatest mom ever... I just love everything in my life... blah blah blah." I love that you can tell it like it is and still find so much joy in the hard stuff.

Love ya!