Tuesday, August 30, 2011

World Target

I'm awake. It's 4:11 in the a.m. Eli was awake at 3:06 a.m. with a fever. Fever, although adorable still and very lovey dovey.

He's back to sleep. Yet, here I am.

So let's recount the wonderful weekend of yore. Yore?

We went camping at the lake this weekend, complete with Pterry and Rosie Posie Clark plus all three kids and us which equals a freakish nightmare for those around us at the campsite who wanted to "get away from the noise". Oops.

But heck, where CAN families go these days? We're even banned from some restaurants. Psh.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun. We went on lots of hikes and Olivia once again sunk herself in knee deep mud and all was good and normal until we found our first......

golf ball

And then another!

And another!!!

It was a friggin gold mine of golf balls down by the lake. Apparently, someone has a past time of hitting them off the bluff above us and to our total glory, because the girls began scrambling and scrapping and fighting each other for the next....golf ball.

Really.

Sophie was so excited she exclaimed, "I love the world! This is like a World Target! We came here and now we are getting toys!"

My face reddened a bit and I glanced down at the sand pretending to look for another GB. I could feel Steve's head shaking tsk tsk glance. Judging. I pretended not to notice.

So? So...my kid just compared God's beautiful green Earth to the glory of Target. Maybe I have unknowingly raised Target up to level of excellence that even children can appreciate. Um...I'm sorry. God made the people who made Target so it's all related!

Go World Target! Keep giving us golf balls to our hearts content!

Thank you World Target.

4 comments:

Jan said...

That is HILARIOUS! What a fun way to start my day reading this and laughing out loud!

Lianna said...

hahahhaaa I love Sophie! What perfect perspective that girl has! This gorgeous planet really is like a world Target, and to think that I had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder, Soph!

amy powers said...

I really need to spend more time with Sophie! This made me laugh a lot!! :)

Tara said...

Dude, best post ever. Love, LOVE your mind and the minds of the little girls you are raising. Target ON.