Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Improvements

Today was 30 degrees! Whoooohoooooo! Who ever thought that 30 would be hot? But it is! Sophie and I went out and took our psycho dog Rosie Posie Clark for a walk. She yanked my arm out of the socket the entire way and I didn't care!!! Sophie pedaled and didn't complain. The sun beat down on our weary Vitamin D deficient skin and we were overjoyed! Ah. Spring. Wait. Is it still January?

Anyway, I'm trying to be a better mom. So I looked on the internet for new recipes so I could stop making the same stuff on the same rotation all the time. Nobody complains about my rotation, I just am trying to improve my mothering skills. So, I found the campbell's soup website and went recipe crazy. Tonight I am making cheesy chicken enchiladas! Ey ey ey! Oley! Everyone better love them or else.

Here's the recipe but you probably already make it if you are better than me which is very easy to be. If not, you should try it too!

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
Serves: 6

Ingredients:


1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
10 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)


Directions:


Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.

Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.

Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 350°F. for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.


I am so going to be awesome. Tomorrow, I'm taking on the laundry!!!! This house shall be free. And I've been taking my kids on playdates. This makes me feel like a real mom because I talk with other real moms. We talk about school and about work (which apparently I'm the only person that works in Polk City), but who cares? I appear to have it all balanced out to them. (They have no idea what my house looks like before I scramble when they are coming over)!!!! Ahhhh haaaaa haaaa! That's my little secret. I'm also signing Olivia up for dance. This is her dream come true as she trots around our house fully decked out in tutu, tights, ballet slippers, wings, a crown, and a wand. And chapstick. Don't forget that. But this little kid looks built for greatness with her tiny abs and muscular thighs. She's going to ROCK! I can't wait! And even if she doesn't rock, its going to be hillarious to attend recitals. No doubt about that.

Well, I'm off to pick up Olivia now. Then we shall eat my gourmet enchiladas. Then I'll go to work and feel great about myself. Because we all need a little boost sometimes. Especially in the middle of winter.

Here's to me and to you! Everyone is SOOO amazing!!!! Happy day! (I'm not on crack).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are not on crack - you are just IOWAN, which for most of us means bipolar with the weather. 20 degrees is a heat wave, and we are downright GIDDY! Woo hoo! I right there with ya!

exudea!

mommyofmonkeys said...

I love finding new recipes too! It gets so boring in the winter eating the same things. You should try this website, you can even sign up to get their FREE magazine with easy, yummy recipes...
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.aspx

and
http://allrecipes.com/

I love allrecipes because they have a calculator that will adjust the recipes to your serving size.

Happy Cooking!

Tara said...

I love you, woman. And I miss you. You rock my face off.

It's 39 here today...does that make you feel better or worse?

I love you,
Tara