Friday, January 2, 2009

Out of sequence

I got a new video camera for Christmas! Steve ordered it for me and I have some lovely videos to share on my blog. The problem? My computer. It's a piece of junk and it won't let me upload any new program right now. probably ever. So until a new one drops out of the sky, or from craigslist or something, we will be missing some Christmas footage and such. That will make things a tad out of sequence here in Clark blogging world since I did take some still pics on our snowmobiling vacation this year! We go once a year to the Black Hills in SD with Steve's family full of snowmobilers. Full is the key word as there are plenty of us and always more each year with new babies and new inlaws, etc. We cram into a few large vehicles and cram even more luggage in and pull two trailers FULL of snowmobiles all to arrive 9 hours later give or take to a very beautiful cabin in the hills to spend the week after Christmas.

This year, setting aside my desire to not set foot outside once, I bundled up my turkey kids and then myself and was out there ready to ride.? To my complete surprise, I didn't freeze my *** of this year! Lots of snow and warmish weather = a tolerable event for Mel. And I enjoyed it. I faced my own death on every corner we turned, but other than that, my thumb warmer was hot and my bod nice and toasty and my previous aversion to winter weather melted away. This pleases Steve very much as he is an AVID snowmobile fan and talks to me about it all year round. He reads magazines about it and shows me dumb videos on youtube. One video was a guy snowmobiling really fast to the song "Just Breathe". What the??? Anyway, when Steve and I agree on anything or find common ground on anything, this is a big deal. So, in light of this new discovery we had fun!

The girls were born into this, you know. So they were out there like champs every day. No problem. 8+ hrs of snowmobiling? Sure. Not a flinch. I'll just take my nap on the snowmobile. You can tell they've fallen asleep when they are suddenly limp and sliding off the unlucky driver's leg. We check that there's still fog from their breath on their masks and continue on our way. That being said, I am NOT their driver. Like I said, this isn't my thing, although I do get pretty cocky at times say at an open field or something when I break 40 mph. I think I'm a big deal and sing action adventure songs in my helmet and lean down a little to look more aerodynamic. But not good enough to put a little 40-50 lb. body in front of me, obstructing my view and interfering with my near death turns. But those little punks eat it up.

So, we're back from vacation and back to near normalcy around here. With a house that NEEDS to be organized and me ready to buy totes, and a new found love/hobby in sewing (thank you Mom), I'm set to face the three most boringest months of the year...the rest of winter. I'll let you know when the videos will work. I think it might add another dimension to the blogging world. People already do it, just not me. :) Until then.....

Mel




Strike a pose Livy

Sewing danger

Sophie and cousin Gabe, taking a break

Sleds of all sorts

Olivia as a model for snowmobiling

The ONLY time the kids got a long all week.

All dressed up and ready to go

Bright and beautiful day outside the cabin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Tara said...

LOVE the picture of you sewing. You are a hot sewer. Hmm, is it just me or does it read like I just called you a steaming pile...?

Bottom line: your new endeavor is insanely cool and you look *hot* doing it.