Thursday, January 29, 2009

MARK these words

Mark was our assigned Bible reading for these past two weeks at church. So I read it. Here are my questions. I will await your answers. This is now an interactive blog site. :)

1. Mark 11: 12-14. Jesus is hungry. He walks up to a fig tree but it doesn't have any fruit yet because its too early in the season. So he curses it and it dies! What? I don't get this.

2. Mark 9: 14-29. Demons. Jesus casts them out of people all the time. Do we still have those around here? Is this supposed to be representing people that have seizures or mental illness or something?

3. Mark 6: 45-56. Jesus walks on water. My translation says that he walks on water towards them but intends to go past them. Why?

4. Mark 16: 1. It says that Saturday evening, when the Sabbath had ended...Why is our sabbath on Sunday? When did that change happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have my own thoughts about these verses, and I have heard what some commentators have said, but I don't really want to post it. I just love seeing the Bible through your fresh eyes! It makes me laugh, and I bet God is enjoying you even more. (Let me know if you really want my "exegeses"...or ask Darrell - I call him the exeJesus of exegesis and he is the one who taught me this word).