Friday, April 17, 2009

70 something

Today is the most beautiful day we've had all year! It's 70 something out there, the sun is shining. Not a cloud to be seen. Sophie and I are having a "stay home day" as she calls it. I've hung clothes out on the line for the first time of the season. Rosie did not attack me the whole time like last year. She did not drag them off the line as I turned my back either.

Sophie painted a beautiful picture, rode her bike, jumped rope, rode the scooter and made a house for her puppies. I manually tilled a big spot in the back yard to try to regrow grass and Sophie helped me cover up seeds. We cleaned her room and organized things. I put away laundry. And while it seems that none of these things are extraordinary, as a combination..they are the makings for a perfect day.

As she sleeps, the house is quiet and my windows are open. There's just a little breeze. The buds are opening on my lilac bush and fruit trees. I could get used to 70 something.

No comments: