Sunday, September 6, 2009

More than you can imagine

I just love my kids. Do you ever have those moments when you just sit back and wonder how its possible that you love them this much?

Here are a few examples:

1. Last night when Olivia asked me to put her to bed. She said, "Mom, I need you to tuck me in because I can't eat a whole zebra right now."

"Wow. You ARE tired right now! You don't even make sense anymore!" Giggle giggle with her eyes shut.

2. We told Sophie as we passed ISU that they have a great vet school and that's why they have horses. She said, (which I've told her often), "I'M going to be vet too!"

Us: "Really? Why?" (playing along).

Sophie the vet: "Because last week when I stepped on a cricket, he couldn't hop so I pulled his leg off. Now he can grow a new one."

Us: Wince. "Ah, your first surgery. Gotcha."

3. I put in a Christian CD this morning before church. Olivia began spontaneously doing interpretive dance in the living room, FULLY involved in the music.

4. Olivia this morning while watching me make coffee: "You know, I've had coffee before."

Me: "Oh really?"

Liv: "Yeah, Daddy gave it to me once when I didn't want to get up to get water."

Pause.....

"So now that I'm in first grade, I can drink it on my own."

Me: "Oh really?! You're all grown up now?"

Liv: "DUH!"

5. This is how they came up dressed this morning. Mom's scrub tops...with a requested (by them) front AND back view. Chic.


6. As we were driving a truckload of sod from Ames to home, Sophie looked worried as glancing back on the sod in the back of the pickup. Out of nowhere she screamed from the top of her lungs, "STOP!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING JESUS' CREATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Quite seriously, she chewed us out, "THERE IS A WORM AND A BEETLE OUT THERE THAT YOU ARE KILLINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!"

Sigh...

Nature lovers. Can't make them happy.

7. A Mom requested pose

And then an Olivia requested pose

A mommy requested Sophie pose

And a Sophie requested pose









Just a few out of a million reasons that I just love them more than you can imagine. That's a phrase we use a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there is ANYone who can possibly imagine how much, it would be me. You know that, right?

Lianna said...

Mom/child requested poses=PURE GOLD. HA!

Tanya said...

Olivia looks so grown up! What, do they gain ten years during kindergarten or something? Evelyn is already acting a lot more mature and I'm wondering where my little two year old went. Cute post!