Sunday, September 20, 2009

The will

I don't exactly have a green thumb. This is hard for me to admit because I really really love plants and flowers. I just don't know what I do wrong. Some people tell me to just leave them alone. Some people tell me I must water more. I don't know. I just want them to live.

Apparently, they want to live too. I have a plant in my window that was given to me by Steve and the girls on Mother's Day. Please note this was LONG time ago. Not that I'm singing my own evolving green thumb praises or anything....Anyway. The plant wasn't looking so hot in it's flimsy black plastic pot from the store, so I decided to replant it with some new soil in a bigger clay pot, and I stuck it in my windowsill. This morning as I'm sitting here enjoying the view, drinking my coffee, writing my book, I noticed that it's starting to bloom two gorgeous white flowers, and the stem holding the flowers up is reaching as far as it can to the window as if to give a kiss to the sun.

Isn't that cool, how even they reach for warmth? How even they turn their faces to the heavens? They have the will to live just like us, perhaps without the feeling or emotion that we have, but still, it's there. They've got the will to be better just like us.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't life beautiful sometimes?