Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Y Not?

Sophie and I left early this morning to go meet some friends at the park. On our way, Sophie stopped her bike when she saw a squirrel. I pointed out how the squirrel was carrying a walnut and he was probably saving up for winter. Sophie took off on her bike again and yelled back over her shoulder, "Don't worry squirrel! You have plenty of time before winter. If you run out, I'll save you!" ha ha. Our little animal lover.

I love staying home with Sophmeister during the day! We've gone to the park, signed up at the Y, shopped, played, napped, played in the back yard, rode bikes, read books, visited the library, and much more. It's a blast hanging out with her and its great to be able to get Olivia off to school and pick her up too! I have time to pack her bag and help with homework. It's just awesome! Last night we went to the Y and I joined in the kickboxing class and showed off how incredibly uncoordinated I've become. After that, we all went for a swim during open swim.

Today, I'm sore from the class, but it was worth the trip. I need to get back into shape anyway and we have fun hanging out as a lil fam. I hope to be able to go to the Y often with Soph during the day. After all, Y not? Ahem.

During the day, I've also had time to work on my book. With a giftcard to Barnes and Noble (thanks Dan & Amy), I picked up the book "Putting Your Passion Into Print", a book on how to transform your book idea into a neat published work of art. Publishing: it's the next enormous hurdle to face after I finish the actual writing and editing. This book thing is a whole lot more work that I anticipated. But isn't everything? And in this case, I feel like its more than worth the effort. I love writing, and it'd be my dream to do just that. And an even further off dream of someone actually buying and reading my writing. Phew. I'm sweating at the thought. Anyway....

Have a great day all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be the first to buy your book! Not sure if that counts though since I am the mom. But I know you will be great!