Saturday, September 5, 2009

Straight haired girl syndrome

In another week, I'll be switching my schedule to all nights, and most weekends. While this might not sound like an ideal schedule, I'm expecting it will be perfect for our family. I'm excited to be home during the week to pick up and drop off the kids for school and their events. I won't miss a soccer practice or a conference anymore. I may even be able to volunteer in Olivia's classroom once a week. I've got to be honest here, I've been quite jealous of the stay at home Polk City moms who still roll up in Escalades and fur with spotless houses ready to pick up their little pumpkin no problem. I have a bit of the straight haired girl syndrome wishing desperately to be curly. But that's the way it can be right? Oh the grass is greener...yes? Perhaps no?

I don't know. But I do know that I'll be there to help with homework at night. I'll be there when the girls wake up AND when they go to bed. I think I may be heading for the balance I've been searching for for 7 years now. Just maybe!

Plus the new hospital is divinely GORGEOUS. I can't believe I get to work there. It's unreal. And to top it all off, I get to do what I love....hand beautiful babies to their mommas. What a life. I'm just so thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your perseverance in striving for the best for your family. I also love it that you focus on the positive - especially in your job. I know what you have been through, and you focus on the beautiful pink healthy babies instead. I admire you (and of course, LOVE you!)

Tara said...

Dude! You've been blogging like crazy and I'm just catching up! Your blog doesn't show up as updated on my blog list so I forget :( Bad Tara! You're an amazing mama, Mel. Wish we were near!