Friday, September 11, 2009

One door closes....

Today was my last day in labor & delivery at main. I've spent 8 weeks there, learning how to coach moms through labor, start good IV's, resuscitate babies, pull epidurals, monitor heart tones, fix crappy heart tones, when to call the doctor, when NOT to call the doctor....that sometimes the doctor never comes! Ha! Guess I better know what to do! That's what these awesome nurses have taught me over the past several weeks. And I'm so thankful for them and this whole opportunity. I'm so thankful I have this job. Finally, something I enjoy!

If you'd reflect back on my previous entries over the past few years, you'd notice some serious struggle with my previous job. It was extremely frustrating, difficult, unfulfilling, unbearable at times. The only negative thing I can muster about my new job is that I'm tired. My feet hurt, I fall asleep BY 9 pm (because I've been orienting on days). I can barely change the laundry from washer to dryer before bed. But, it seems, tiredness comes from a good cause. Each day, I've helped bring a new little miracle into a new parent's arms, and things JUST DON'T get any better than that for me.

So, now as this door closes for me at main campus, a new door has opened at West. The new hospital is phenomenally gorgeous, the staff is great, the opportunity is endless. I'm so excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't work the best when you know you have done something that matters and God equipped you for it? Yay!