Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Knock on wood...cross your fingers...er something

Right on the heels of my lowest of lows (see yesterday's post), came today. Today is a day that I awoke to the same as any other day. Here's how it generally goes:

I am conscious, but I don't move. I freeze in my current position and I breathe in the relief of NO nausea, because for a moment, and a moment only every morning, before my body and mind catch up to each other, I don't feel sick. It normally lasts about 30 seconds and I bask in its glory. But then, as reality often does, it hits me. The wave hits me with such a fierceness, and I wonder....HOW will I get through another day like this?

But, TODAY.....I awoke, froze, basked, and waited. But then, to my surprise, the normal wave was but a ripple in the ocean, the nausea was mild...just ever so mild. And it just sat there. Reluctant, I stood up to get Olivia up for the day. I still didn't believe it. Could it be true? I tiptoed down the stairs, trying to trick nausea into leaving me alone for a moment longer. What was this feeling in my stomach? Hunger? Really?

Confusion has ruled me today as I have awaited the return of my ultimate nemesis...nearly unbelieving....could it really be?

Steve brought me some new medicine last night and you don't take it by mouth...if you know what I mean. And I don't know if it was that that made the difference, or if it was the mental & emotional breakdown and pleading on my knees I did with God yesterday, or if it was the prayers that my family has sent up for me consistently. It could've been all, it could've been some. But whatever it was, today...was a good day. The kind only God can give.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is HOORAY!!! Thank you God! And Steve!

Debbie said...

Hallelujah!

amy powers said...

I'm so happy you had a better day today! You deserve it!! And when you are holding that little baby in your arms you won't even remember this!!