Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The good and the bad

PART ONE: Bad things
I find myself all stressed out about people's feelings again. I wish I was one of those mean people that didn't care. Wouldn't life be easy? Just being mean and only worrying about yourself? Go to work, be mean, come home, be mean to myself because I live alone of course, etc.?

My clinical days always start the same. I always try to start the day out in a positive manner. Coffee in hand, a little Christian music to bond with God on my way to my friend Shawna's house who doubles as my carpool friend. I get there and hop in her car all cheery like and say good morning. In a few miles though the dread has set into both of our hearts. I blurt out, "I can't go today! This is horrible. I know I'm going to get Nurse Nancy today and I hate Nurse Nancy and I don't have my assignments done and my computer crashed. I'm sore from kickboxing and if I wasn't so busy I'd go more than once a week, but Mercy is taking over my life. I didn't shower either. My glasses are scratched and it's starting to hail." Etc. We look at each other and wonder out loud if we have time for Panera, but we both know we don't. Shawna, as lovely of a friend she is, pipes in with her complaints and we merrily make our way to the hospital where, sure enough, I've got the crazy nurse.

Today I found a bag of cherries rotting in my backpack. It wasn't until I pulled out my drug book that I found the unrecognizable mass on the cover and it smelled bad, I mean BAD. I wonder how long those have been in there. Would I have eaten them? That's the scary part.

Well, I guess this is senioritis. Get me OUT OF HERE! Will it be better when I'm on my own? I sure hope so. Oh, geez I hope so.

PART II: Good things

Ok, we have to end positively. Positive things....hmmm....Rosey Posey Clark (our puppy) is learning how to swim! Steve and the girls have taken her twice now and she is getting better and better. Did you know Labs have webbed paws? Isn't that funny?

The girls just have two more days at their daycare and we move to the new one at the church here in Polk City. They have a personalized security code for each family to get in the door. I think that's really cool. I can't wait to punch it in. It feels very...CIA.

6.5 weeks to go in this circus called nursing school. At the advice of my friend (who also has kids), I am going to make a paper chain tonight. Yes, a paper chain. And I will proudly tear off a link each day to show my progress. Either that or I will light the whole stupid thing on fire and watch it burn!!! BURN!!!!

Have a great night. I guarantee my next entry will be a ball of sunshine! Promise!

Mel

2 comments:

Lianna said...

I'm pretty sure the only way to get through heaps of bad things is to assume absolutely no responsibility and become completely self-interested. Let the phrase "Not MY problem" become your mantra. I'm a doctor. It's a proven fact.

Unknown said...

That's awesome advice. I might just make a book of all of your advice and flip through it when I need to. I love my sister!