Thursday, July 17, 2008







Here's some pics of our recent water balloon fight courtesy of my mom. She sent a birthday package in the mail that had a bunch of balloons in it! She still remembers me even when I'm turning 26. :) Anyway, believe it or not, my girls had not been exposed to water balloons before. So, I filled one up in the sink, much to their amazement. I directed them outside to "see if it would work". I had them stand like sitting ducks in the driveway while I stood on the porch, with waterballoon in hand, ready to try it out. They had no idea that I would actually throw it or that it would get them wet. I was laughing inside, thinking about what their reaction would be. So, I said, "Ready?" They looked uneasy. So, I threw it. Before I knew what happened, the waterballoon was coming down on me! I had thrown it directly into the overhang above the porch and it dropped right on me! That'll teach me. The girls ROARED and could not wait to fill up more. At that point, I was ready for a full out war. I was soaked already. Our next victim was Dad. He pulled into the garage and we waiting, giggling behind the door. Just at the right time, I gave the battlecry and we attacked with purple, orange, and pink. He was so shocked he ran into the neighbor's yard. Then he joined in the fun and went after me. What did I do?

Well, things have gotten a whole lot busier here lately with this new rotation and me thinking about taking boards soon. All I feel like I've been doing in studying and going to class and clinical. But, that's boring talk.

The girls are in Iowa City with Aunt Lianna and Uncle Shawn this week! We drove down on Tuesday night and they are coming back on Sunday afternoon. Lianna and Shawn are so good with kids. I guess they do both do it for a living, but a gift nonetheless! I called the night before we came and Lianna told me they had made a giant fort in their living room with card tables and blankets. :) Even before the girls were there! We are so grateful to have them take the girls in! They are planning on attending Solon Beef Days just like last year. We're hoping Olivia catches another tshirt this year! She's on a streak!

So, with my spare time...oops I almost started talking about really boring things like school and studying. Who wants to document that whining?

The other day, Olivia asked me if when I was little if I killed big bugs on the wall. I told her no, I didn't. I always told my dad, Papa Keith, to come do it for me. She nodded her head knowingly and said, "Yep. He's a hero too. Just like Dad. Lot's of Dad's are heroes, but not as good as our Dads right mom? But, we won't tell them that. It might hurt their feelings." It was so funny how she nodded her head and acted like that was just what she had expected, "Yep. He's a hero too." :) Made me laugh.

Tonight, Steve left for his fishing trip in SD. His good buddies are all going up there to visit another one of his friends and go fishing. Meanwhile, I'll be celebrating my bday in Okoboji for Cousin's weekend with Steve's girl family. Should be a good time.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Mel

No comments: