Monday, May 11, 2009

For me!




Mother's Day swing

Rocks in my shoe!

Tree huggers

I was given a WONDERFUL mother's day yesterday! Steve and the girls got home around 3:30 from Sioux City. I pouted in the morning since I was spending mother's day ALONE, but then I snapped out of it and went to Target. I wanted a really good beach/lawn chair that could recline to accommodate my sunning. After a terrible time trying to get them to work in Target, I found one that I knew how to maneuver and bought it. I headed home to sun in my back yard. It was a bit windy, but comfortable. Anyway, the kids came home bearing gifts. Three big flowering plants! And six mother's day cards! Wow. I didn't expect that many. But they were adorable, with Sophie's little people with legs coming out of their heads and big alien eyes. Olivia wrote me a mother's day story, and Steve got me a gorgeous Stargazer plant and a card. But that wasn't all! They had also stopped at the store to get picnic stuff. Steak and salad and beans, complete with charcoal for the grill. We made lemonade and loaded up our bikes in the truck and were on our merry way. We had a great time! The girls climbed a tree and played at the park. I sat in my chair with my Mt. Dew and soaked it up, literally. The steak was amazing, and so is my family. I'm so very lucky.

One of my new plants

The cutest little things I put on the line

Tiny pants

3 comments:

Lianna said...

I LOVE the pic of you and steve! You guys are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's Day - you deserve it! You do amazing things for your family every single day. I love the pics!

Tara said...

I *still* love your hair! I can't believe I haven't seen it in real life!

I love you and at the latest, I'll be home mid-June!

Hugs,
Tara