Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why didn't I think of that?!

Proverbs 9:7-8

"Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you. But correct the wise, and they will love you. "

The verses just jump off the page. A lesson learned. Why didn't I think of that? I led myself down a path with no possible good end this week, attempting to correct a person who wouldn't stop mocking me behind my back. What did I get? The blame. It's so ludicrous right? Blame the person who is being made fun of? But it all makes sense here doesn't it? You can't force fairness into a mind that can't allow it. You can't convince a person of right and wrong that doesn't understand the difference, or loves to smudge the lines between the two. They lie so much that it becomes their truth. And I couldn't understand that. But I do now.

I've just been praying that this situation be out of my head. I want to feel sorry for her. I don't want to hate her. And hate for her consumes me. The unfairness is overwhelming. I come up with the best words and phrases in my head! I've got the best comeback this time...now all I need is the opportunity.....

No, that is not the way to freedom (although my comebacks are priceless). I will not waste my time correcting a mocker anymore, I've only been hated for it. So, it will go on....maybe. But, truth will prevail. Not as quickly as I would like. But it will. Until then, God, may my words and deeds win out over the words and opinion of this person. Let your light shine through. Forgive my anger, arrogance, and indignation towards this situation. My heart is now 5 TONS LIGHTER. Thank you Jesus. This is the beauty of our Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The verse goes on.."Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. If you are wise, your wisdon will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer." Think long range here - you will win in time. You have already won, in my mind. Thanks for blogging!

Tara said...

So *that* was your Facebook message to Jesus! Got it!

Love you tons,
Tara

Lianna said...

GOSH you rock!


JARBIPER! best word verification ever!