Monday, May 4, 2009

Women of faith


Women of faith

Sisters

More sisters

My mommy

Dan & Hannah came bearing gifts!


Mom treated us to a weekend getaway and tickets to Women of Faith 2009 in Des Moines last weekend. We had an awesome time!!! The Friday Feature was our favorite part of the weekend where we heard from some awesome speakers like Dr. Henry Cloud and heard music by Sandi Patti and Steven Curtis Chapman or SCC, as we like to call him. The messages were truly amazing and it was really fun to hang out with the women of our family. We stayed in the Embassy Suites, courtesy of Mom and Darrell, and were surprised when Dan & Hannah brought us a big gift basket for Mother's Day/Girls weekend! The basket had candles, bubble bath, shower gels, loofas, chocolates, champagne, popcorn, etc. We were totally spoiled!!!!

This conference was extremely inspiring. I can't wait to invite more people next year & I encourage you to go in your area if it comes around your way. A HUGE thanks to Mom who had this all in her mind to give to us. It was an awesome gift that I won't ever forget!

PS. There was a picture of the four of us in facial masks, but we just looked shiny and really gross so I omitted it with an implied permission from all involved. You can thank me later.

In other news, I didn't weigh in last week due to a scary busy schedule. Steve was working LOTS of overtime trying to finish a pool by the deadline. I was working a lot too so I missed weigh in. I'll go this week though and give a better update.

I also wanted to update you on my interview process. I didn't hear from the ICU position I interviewed for so I didn't get that one. But that's ok. I didn't want it if I wasn't supposed to have it. And I really didn't want to have to make the choice. So that one was clearly not right for me. I did however, interview today for a job I'm VERY excited about. It is for surgery at the new hospital Mercy is building in West Des Moines. It opens in September of this year. My position would be mainly pre-op, getting patients prepped for OR, starting IV's, giving pre-meds, histories, etc. and doing post-op or post-anesthesia recovery after surgery. I'd also be cross-trained into working in the OR as well. It would be better hours: four 10's, days only. No weekends, no holidays, only occasional call hours. I'd also get to work in a brand new facility, do things I've never done, and have the challenge of learning surgery. The interview went extremely well. It was another team interview (this must be the new fad) but the three women were hillarious. We pretty much laughed the whole time. They said they thought I'd really like pre & post op since I love people and they were pleased that I wanted to cross train into the OR as well. I won't hear back on the job for a while because they are interviewing the next two weeks for several positions then they are out of town for two weeks so I should hear by the first week in June. I wouldn't start until hospital opening in September so I'd have some decent time to transition out of W3 in style. I really really hope this is the one for me. So, stay tuned.

Well, I'm off to grill supper for my family. Hope all is well with you and yours too. We have so very much to be thankful for don't we?

Mel

4 comments:

amy powers said...

did you get to meet dya probascsquick?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing about our All Daughters retreat...it was wonderful for me too and I will never forget it! I will keep praying for you about your new job, too. If it isn't this one, it will be an even better one!

Lianna said...

...tieupherassquick what?

Unknown said...

Diaprobasquick turns out to be very funny and nice! The interview went great!