Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby that babysits











We got the joy of watching my best friend's kids the other day. They were tons of fun and helpful since Olivia was out of school for the day and my girls were sick of each other already. Non-Clark bloodline was needed in our home. Two early outs and one no school day in one week!!! Ugh. What is the DEAL?

Anyway, what surprised me most about the day was how much Olivia wanted to help with the baby. She was all over it (see top picture). She told me that if I had another baby, she'd take care of it for me so I didn't have to do anything. DEAL! Just joking...sort of. Anyway, she couldn't have been more helpful. She pushed the baby in the stroller right next to the bigger stroller I pushed with the two bigger girls in it. She was really proud to help out and very careful at all times. What a big kid.

The funniest part of the day was unrelated to the children. While at the park, I sat on a swing next to the baby and kept her swinging. A FedEx truck blew into a parking spot next to the square and the FedEx man hopped out and headed my way, holding a package. I ignored him thinking it was impossible that he was coming to me... at the park. That's when he hollered, "You wouldn't happen to be a Clark would you?"

Dumbstruck, I said, "Um, yes."

"Neighbor said you headed out on a walk with some strollers. Just heading out of town and thought I might find you here."

Me: "OK....." laughing. "Only in a small town right?"

And just like that, he was off.

1. HILARIOUS that he came to the park to find me.

2. CREEPY that my neighbor saw me leave the house and told the FedEx guy that. :)

3. AWESOME that we got our new cell phones.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You are too funny. My grandson Derek, when he was two, really wanted to sweep the floor. He couldn't do it, not really, but I let him, because I knew that when he could, he wouldn't want to anymore...I'm glad Olivia wanted to babysit, and she must have inherited the great mom gene from you and Jan...

Anonymous said...

Ah the great and terrible events of small town life...I miss it and am SO glad I am not there anymore. :-)