Saturday, October 3, 2009

To my fellow coffee lovers and others too

Try this:

Belgian Chocolate Toffee creamer with Dunkin Donuts cinnamon spice coffee. I don't know why this combo works so well, but it totally delivers.

If you didn't know already, Peppermint Mocha creamer is back at your local grocer. Back with a sweet vengeance.

In other areas, I'd like to promote this:

Prunes. Yep, I said it. Sunsweet prunes in the plastic container. Sweet glorious goodness. And nothing can make you feel older than eating prunes. With age comes wisdom. Embrace it.

Homemade/heartfelt gifts. I was thinking the other day about this blue ceramic jar we got as a gift for our wedding. Thank you Sara and Chad. I remember exactly who gave that to us. Sara and Chad. I remember them every time I see it. Then there are gifts like the scrapbook my sister made me of the blogs I had written over the year about my kids. Priceless to me. It's one of the things I'd grab in the event of fire, which brings me to my next thought, fire safety. Don't forget. This week is make a fire escape plan week with your kids. No, I'm not joking and I'm equally aware at how old this also makes me sound. Whatev.

Back to gifts. This year, as with last year, I will be attempting to make most of my Christmas gifts. I just think this is so fun! And it's perfect for a person like me, who was born excited for Christmas months in advance. Although obscene, I will admit to thinking about Christmas somewhere around late July. Ahem. Anyway, what a way to satisfy Christmas spirit need than starting months in advance making gifts?! Making a photo book for a friend, compiling the best music onto one compact CD to share with your bff, homemade cards, passing along your favorite book, etc. Doesn't have to be much, but it means a lot. You can do it!!!

I also wanted to add that I bought new chocolate brown with black animal print plates at Target on sale for $3.74 for a set of 4. I also purchased the serving bowls to match. WHAT? Could things GET any better? Yep. They certainly could.

I'm driving 45 minutes in the wrong direction of the wedding I'm attending later today in order to sit in the freezing cold to watch a 6 year old soccer game. I'm so pumped!!! Sense any sarcasm? Maybe, maybe not. I suppose we can only speculate.

No comments: