Tuesday, October 27, 2009

FALL in love with IOWA!

Iowa is a beautiful place. I thought I better say that before winter arrives in like a week and destroys all my hopes and dreams. Actually, I enjoy winter too, just not for six months straight. Through New Year, it's fine. Past that...no thanks.

In the past few weeks, it's been dreary and rainy here + cold = depressing. So as the sun actually rose today and stayed out to play, we took advantage and snapped some pics. The girls helped me pick out the most fabulous trees to capture. We did this with our Florida family in mind. Poor Floridians. Constant tropical awesomeness. Must be rough. But still, we thought they might need a lil bit of Iowa (minus the flu).

So, we drove around Polk City to find the best in show. Then the girls wanted their own photo shoot. When I say girls, I mean GIRL (Olivia) aka the poser. Model at heart. Loves to set up a good photo. Let's just say I nixed a few of her pose ideas....a bit racy for age 6. Rosie Posie Clark even stopped her soccer practice to pose for a few.

Bottom line: we love our little house (even though the roof is leaking), this town, and Iowa...in all its glory. ;) Happy Fall y'all.





Best buds










That's actually the pooper scooper rake that Sophie revamped.

Sly





This is my favorite photo of all time...























The house of Clark in the Fall

Signature Sophie (She's #1).

4 comments:

Lianna said...

Aww I love it! Those pics were FALLbulous! Nurrrrr

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I feel like I am there!

Tara said...

Gotta say, I love myself some signature Sophie. And of course, feeling like I'm hanging out with you in all of your awesomeness, getting to read your words.

Love you,
Tara

Keith said...

Nice Fall pictures...I do miss the changing of the leaves. We had fall the other day and it's back to Summer again. The girls are really growing up! Sorry about the roof.