Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby products to love

I have a baby savvy friend. Her name is Erica. We work together as nurses. She's super awesome. She introduced me to a new world of awesome baby stuff, and as I am clearly not new to parenting, I am out of the baby loop...especially the current baby loop. Here are my favorites that I can't wait to try out. 

Swim diapers of the past. What a waste! So much money...can't pull them down and back up again without ripping them. Not sure if they catch anything anyway. Not with these though... from a local store in good ol' Iowa, but there are variations everywhere from what I understand. Here's the reusable cloth version. I've been told the child stays in one size a relatively long time, making them more than worth the purchase. Can't wait to try it out! And what a great alternative to the 9 lb. water/pee logged regular diaper that every parent has tried at least once? Although humorous, a bit obscene...yes?


Bebe au lait. A nursing cover that beats the heck out of the "blanket over the shoulder that keeps falling down technique" that I adhered to semi-religiously while attempting to nurse my children in public. You already have to endure the stares of disapproving people in restaurants who believe you should be squatting on the toilet in the sickening bathroom that smells overwhelmingly of "summer garden rain shower" er something...while nursing your sterile little baby behind the stall door with "Tessa is a whore" written all over the door amongst other obscenities. That aint right sisters. 

This product is a stylish lil' cover, with a bit of boning in the neck that allows mom to view baby, but no one else. Nice! I ordered one and love what I got in the mail, although not tested by me quite yet, I can't see how you could go wrong here. I did try it on, and I have to say....the picture of the lady on the website makes her appear to be wearing a tent of sorts. The boning in the neck does NOT stick out that far in real life. This cover could pass as your shirt if you wanted it to, so don't be fooled by the photo.

Plus, I adore the term "hooter hiders". 


Specifically, this is the pattern I ordered:

Slings! What an idea!Although new to me, but not new...I think this movement is flippin awesome. Especially considering the other children that I have....I find it to be the perfect solution to NOT leaving the baby on the floor to be trampled. These are also super stylish, easy to use (thank God, because those Moby wrap directions make me nauseous), and baby can sit different ways in the sling depending on different stages of development.


I ordered a hotsling after trying on my friend's. So comfortable and so adorable. Here is a picture of me wearing it.


Just kidding. I'm not that skinny and I don't have a baby yet. But that's what they look like. 

Also recommended: 




These are a bit on the expensive side...makes you cringe a bit. But I hear you can find them on other sites, such as Ebay new, for cheaper. 
Enjoy the first round of baby products to love....and thanks to my friend Erica, for teaching me the ways of the baby world. 

And just saying...I genuinely love these products, and I got a whole lot of nothing for writing about them. But it'd be a whole lot cooler if I had.

What are some baby products that you love? 

Happy baby!

2 comments:

Just a Boring Mother said...

Ezra loves the sling as well. He loves being close to me and I love having my hands free!
We are also fans of the boppy and nursing cover.
Another cool thing is a cart/high chair/play mat cover. Very interactive for baby on the go!
I highly recommend a bumbo. I haven't seen a baby yet that doesn't look cute in the bumbo!

erica sloan said...

A baby product I love are reusable breast pads. I know--here we go with breastfeeding again, but they're great! They're super, super soft and I launder them along with my clothes. And, another bonus, they're relatively inexpensive. My investment for breast pads was about $12 for the duration of my need, rather than about $12 each box. I found them at a local cloth diapering store called Little Padded Seats.