Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fountains, gelato, & rolling with the big dawgs

PART I: IOWA CITY

We've had a very busy week here in the Clark household. Not busy in the sense that I can do anything, but we can sure BE places. My mom, aka: Bam (Mama Jan mispronounced), generously offered to take the girls last week for me, while I attempted to work a few shortened shifts at work. Needless to say, Iowa City holds a special place in our hearts and we love every second we spend there. The girls had a fantastic week with Bam...walking, running, playing, gardening, reading, swimming, etc. I drove there to pick them up and spend a few days with my mom, and a day with my dear friend Tara, back in Iowa alllll the way from D.C. We are old I.C. buddies, and we love the opportunity to be moms together, even if for one day. My mom surprised us with a hotel room complete with a swimming pool and the perfect locale for the delivery of Pizza Ranch pizza directly to our room. Did I mention Tara is just as pregnant as I am? (We enjoy food). 

And even though everything I do these days is modified drastically, I can still eat pizza, sit by a pool, and enjoy the company of one of my best friends and her daughters too. 
Thanks to Bam, for a fantastic week for the girls and a fantastic couple of days for me. 

See? Summer is fun! Even if you are immobile.

PART II: ADVENTURES WITH TERRY

We got home on Friday, and we were SO excited to see Dad and Rosie and Tigress (our only remaining live fish). On Saturday, we took the TERRY out to Jester Park and did a little camping. I sat in the AC mostly, drinking Tang, and the girls tortured bugs and a toad. I sat in a chair while they squirted water guns at their dad and played bags, and "splash" frisbee. You know, a soft frisbee soaked in water? Plus, the big kicker was when Steve took the training wheels off of Sophie's Barbie bike and sweated away in the 90 degree weather teaching her how to ride..."with the big dawgs" as the girls call it. And ride she did. 
(We're so proud)
Happy Father's Day to Steve, the very best Dad in the world. We are so lucky to have him. 

PART III: PHOTOS


 

Sophie, Olivia, and Olaiya....MISSING: Naomi (a bit shy about the sprinkler at first). 


Gelato? Sure. 

Snug as bugs...after pizza, swimming, and a little Disney Channel.

Did I mention we had watermelon at the campsite?


Playing bags


Rosie Posie wishes she could play too.


Rolling with the Big Dawgs


All tuckered out...

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yaaaaay! I can read the blog! Such a great time, such a perfect way for pregnant mamas to hang with babes - floating in water, eating pizza and laying in beds!