Sunday, June 13, 2010

Down home naughty

It's been raining here in good ol' Iowaaay for daaaays. To make the best of things, we've been singing one of our new favorite songs. 

Rain makes corn....corn makes whiskey.....whiskey makes my baby....feel a little frisky.....

The girls ask for this song by name....about 5 times a day. 

I have to admit, I oblige. Because I just loooove hearing those lyrics out of my little girls' mouths. What a sweet sweet song. Thank you country music. 

I listen to all kinds of music, literally. My ITunes list has a lil' classical, some Les Mis, some Jay-Z, some Garth, some Blue October, some Aerosmith, some whatever I feel like in a good kind of mixed up playlist type of music.

And although "whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky" may be inappropriate words out of a precious 5 year old mouth to some (you should hear the other things she screams at me sometimes).....it's better than "pop a cap in the ..., booty booty booty booty booty, back that ...up, watch yourself"...etc 

However, one song I do permit in the aforementioned genre is "I got it from my mama." For obvious reasons.

If there is to be naughtiness as such in the Clark household, I much prefer the down home kind of naughtiness. Like this song. Because I can admit, I'm from Iowa, I still live in Iowa, there's nowhere better to party than in a field or by "the pond", and this guy's right, country music brings in a good kind of people. 

Check it out. Heee haw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls and I LOVED this post! WoooHOOO!