Monday, February 1, 2010

I haven't posted pics in awhile. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why my font is underlined. I see no underline button. It's infuriating me, but...at the same time, Steve says I'm a tad more irritable these days. Pssh. Please.

Here are some things we've been up to:




The 1980's Jane Fonda workout VHS that I did with my mom and sister growing up. It's so obscene, it even keeps the kids attention for an hour!

Olivia is shocked into silence. Sophie is headbanging.

Pushups. Sophie's form looks strangely similar to mine....

"Why is Jane on all fours?"

Sophie at the park. We went out and about to enjoy the 40 degree day. Whoohoo! Melting!

Sophie and I call this "slushing". We wear boots out, walk around the block and jump in all the slush puddles. Don't get me wrong...those days are long gone. But there were a few above freezing days here in ol' Ioway.




Mothers. Don't get upset here. This picture LOOKS like two little girls, diligently doing dishes peacefully as their mother has asked. Right after this, Olivia turned around and said,

"You treat us like a bunch of Cindarellas!!!" (Clearly disgusted with me).

I laughed.

Sophie screams in exasperation: "YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE!!!!"

I said, "Yep." Smiling and laughing and glancing at Steve who's cracking up on the couch.

Other than the above documented winter activities, the girls have both started swimming lessons at the Y on Saturday morning while Mommy sleeps. Steve does a good job as activity/keeping them quiet and/or out of the house while I sleep director. Both girls are signed up to do spring soccer as well. That's right. SPRING soccer. And we've signed up. That clearly means SPRING is coming. Clearly.

Happy winter everyone. It's so super awesome. Snow and everything. Yippee. As my aunt Jo would say, "That was written in sarcasm font." ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was HILARIOUS! I can't stop laughing! We need a font for laughing/talking. :-) Thanks for posting and making my day!





bedisl

Sarah said...

Love the Cinderellas comment!!

Kendra Wheeler said...

I love this entire post! I laughed several times. I miss you and your non-sarcastic tones!!:)

Tara said...

I love you. The Fonda commentary was seriously top shelf.

You're my favorite,
Tara