Thursday, May 20, 2010

Brownies and minivans


 I just made homemade cream cheese swirl brownies and I'm really proud, even though they don't appear very swirly. Because that was the first time I used egg whites instead of the whole egg, and completed a recipe that required many..MANY more steps than the box....(add egg, oil, water, stir, bake, eat).

And yesterday, we looked at a minivan. A real one. I drove it. The inside was spacious, the DVD player undeniably great.......I tried to suppress my excitement though, as it felt very anti-me, but hey...we've all got to embrace our inner mom voice "But they are just so practical. So convenient." Indeed it was. Indeed it was. 

MOM POWER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay for Mom Power! I am trying your chocolate cookie recipe right now. Yum!

Unknown said...

Yes, I did use a knife, but apparently did not swirl well. Hmmmm...how are the cookies?